Monday 21 April 2014

Behind the Scenes: 26th March 2014 - "Honey or Tar"



The Look


Makeup: 

Skin - The model had amazing skin so obviously not much was needed... 

MAC Face and Body Foundation 
Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer (From my BBU Palette) 

Cheeks - I didn't use any blush as the weather was cold and I wanted a natural glow, so just contour was used... 

Illamasqua Sculpting Powder Duo (Lumos & Heliopolis) 

Eyes -  We just wanted a high gloss on the eye, so all I used was a Lipgloss... 

MAC Clear Lipglass

Brows -  I spiked up the brows to make it more high fashion... 

MAC eyeshadow in Charcoal Brown 
Schwarzkopf Silhouette Hairspray 

Lips -  I mixed a few lipsticks to get the perfect coral shade... 

Bourjois Sweet Kiss Shine Lipstick in Juicy Tangerine 
MAC Lipstick in Morange
MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil in What a Blast! 


Hair: 

Originally, we were going to do a wet look hair style, but it was far too cold outside so all I did was brush the models hair behind her ears in a centre parting. 

Left: This really shows the glossy lids and the spikey brows    Right: One of my favourite shots!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My photographer friend Rosie Woods got in touch with me about this shoot and of course I said yes! She wanted to showcase a few pieces of clothing that had been designed and made by some of the final year students at Manchester School of Arts. 
We shot around the Ancoats area of Manchester, near the Northern Quarter and Piccadilly. This was great because there are some really great grungy back drops to contrast with the bright bright clothes. 

Now time for behind the scenes!

This is what i meant about the contrast.. 
Rosie working her magic! 
Left: The makeup chair isn't always very glamourous!   Right: We were joined by some friends on set! 

I really enjoyed this photoshoot.. If you want to see all of the photos then check out Rosie's website. 

Photographer: Rosie Woods www.rosie-woods.co.uk

Designers: Rhiannon Buckley and Helen O'Donnovan 

Model: Niamh @ J'adore Models http://www.jadoremodels.co.uk/niamh

Hair & Makeup: Me, obviously! 



Hope you enjoyed! 

love xo

No comments:

Post a Comment