Tuesday 3 March 2015

Product in the Spotlight: Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation

I think I have found my perfect foundation. 
I know that sounds a bit over the top but I don't care, it's true. I had heard so many good things about this foundation but I was still quite sceptical because it's so annoying when hyped up products are a disappointment. I really don't have anything bad to say. 


Nars' claims; 

"Full, natural-looking coverage with unexpectedly weightless, 16-hour wear"

I would say full coverage is accurate - if you have any acne (as I do) you will have to dab on an extra coat in certain
areas but that's the same with most foundations. 
Natural-looking? 100%. 
Unexpectedly weightless? 100000%. Again, I'm always dubious when brands say weightless foundation as it almost never is, but this really is! There was one day that I only remembered I had it on because I rubbed my face. 
As for 16 hour wear, I'm not sure as I haven't worn it for that long yet. Usually 12 hours is my limit and it lasts well for that long so I would imagine 16 hours is a fair bet. I hate it when brands say "24 hour wear" Who even wears their foundation for 24 hours on the trot?! 

I love the natural glow it gives the skin - it doesn't feel greasy and doesn't make me feel the need to wear powder. It's great for my oily skin - I'm not sure how well it would work for those with dry skin as it feels like it could potentially cling to dry bits, but I will try and test it out on dry skin and see what happens. 

It comes in 20 shades which is great - I got Mont Blanc, but I don't think it's quite right for me (it's a bit pink) so I'll be giving a different shade a try. The perks of being a makeup artist, if something isn't quite right, throw it in the kit! 
As always with Nars, the packaging is beautiful (this is my personal fave) and, I think everyone will be pleased to know... IT COMES WITH A PUMP! Woohoo! If you've never used a Nars foundation before then you won't have experienced the anger you get when you realise you have to buy a pump separately. 

It retails at £32 which is average for a high end foundation - still pricey, but totally worth every penny. 


Let me know your thoughts! 

laura xo

twitter | @lauragibb93
instagram | @lauragibbmua

No comments:

Post a Comment