Sunday 22 March 2015

Best of the Bunch | Highlighters

I'm a serious highlighter junkie at the moment - it's just amazing! I don't feel like my makeup is complete until I have it on and I always use it on clients. I feel like a lot of brands make highlighters that are glittery and chunky and gross, but I have searched high and low and found my favourites...

1. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks. £32.50.

As usual, Bobbi Brown have come up with the most natural, yet beautiful product. I have it in the Rose shade and it is stunning when swept on top of a pink blusher to really light up the face. It's not too obvious or in-your-face and is therefore perfect for everyday wear. You can also double up this as eyeshadows. (bonus!) I think there were only 2 shades when I bought my first one, but now there are plenty to choose from. I assure you, you won't be disappointed!


2. MAC Soft and Gentle. £23.

I think everyone in the world owns this highlighter and it's probably one of MAC's best sellers. It is a beautiful light pink/champagne shade - it's quite hard to describe but it's gorgeous and gives a great finish on the skin.


3. Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow. £49.

Not only is the packaging stunning, the 'glow' part is beautiful. (As is the bronze side, but we're talking highlighters here!) It gives you a gorgeous golden glow that suits most skin tones! It isn't shimmery and it looks very natural. Don't get me wrong, I know it is pricey, but you are getting a contour colour as well.


4. MAC Whisper of Gilt. (Limited Edition)

I know I shouldn't really put a limited edition product in this list, but I've heard that MAC have released it more than once, so you may well be able to buy it at some point. Every girl who works at MAC who has seen my makeup kit gets very jealous that I still have mine. They say they are always praying for it to become a permanent product. It is a beautiful warm gold shade that I love using on girls with darker skin tones. Of course it works for everyone but I think it looks extra special on darker skin tones. The texture is a lot softer that Soft & Gentle (ironic).


5. Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder. £25.

This is actually a finishing powder, but there is a highlighting shade in the mix. It might sound odd, a matte radiance highlighter, but it's beautiful. This is by far the most natural of the bunch. It really does give that (not to sound cliche) lit-from-within look. It is very sheer, so perfect for the daytime but you can build it up if you're heading for a night on the town!


So those are my favourites and I am just now realising that there are no high street products on my list, so please give me some recommendations!


xo

twitter | @lauragibb93
insstagram | @lauragibbmua

No comments:

Post a Comment