Friday 24 July 2015

Double Denim


Photographer | Sarah Brown
Stylist | Megan Shaw
Model | Samara at Boss Model Management



This photo shoot is one of my favourites for a long time. Even though the makeup and hair is fairly simple throughout, it turned out great and the photos are amazing! 


Here are the products I used to create the looks; 

Skin

Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre Moisturiser 
Benefit The POREfessional Primer 
Kiehl's Lip Balm #1

MAC Face and Body Foundation 
Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer
MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter (For under eye correction)

Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronze Universal
Benefit Watt's Up Highlighter 

Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder
Bourjois Delice de Soleil Bronzing Powder
MAC Margin Blush
MAC Whisper of Gilt MSF

I used my hands to apply the foundation to make it look even more natural. Then on anywhere that needed extra coverage, but not full on concealing, I mixed some of the Bobbi Brown concealer with the Face & Body foundation and patted it on using a buffing brush. 


Eyes

Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronze Universal
MAC Groundwork Paint Pot
Kat Von D Immortal Lash Mascara

I used whatever bronzer was left on the brush on the eyes just to warm them up before applying the Paint Pot. Groundwork is the perfect colour to use if you want an earthy, natural colour. 

Brows

Soap&Glory Archery Eyebrow Pencil - Brownie Points
Maybelline Brow Drama - Dark Brown

Samara has amazing eyebrows so I didn't need to use much product - I just applied a bit of pencil wherever it was needed and brushed them through to blend it together. 

Lips

MAC Lip Liners - Subculture + Whirl
MAC Lipstick - Velvet Teddy
Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick - Nude Kate 

I tend to always mix lipsticks and lip liners to get the perfect shade. I think it was especially important to mix a few shades for this look as I needed the perfect natural colour. I lined the lips and then applied the lipstick and blotted the lips to take most of the product off again.


Hair

Look 1: For the first look, I just brushed out Samara's hair and swept it over to one side. I added some Moroccan Oil to stop any frizziness.

Look 2: All I did for this look was put half of the hair up in a messy top knot. Nothing complicated!

Look 3: I did a dutch braid from the front of the head going back to the nape of the neck. I pulled the remaining hair into a low pony.

Look 4: For the final look I wet her hair and scraped i back. I then pulled out bits at the front and added some salt spray to add texture.

Look 1, Look 2, Look 3, Look 4.


Behind the Scenes

Next stop Vogue for Sarah! | Megan doing her thing. | Behind the Camera


I hope you enjoyed this post. I am still trying to figure out how to put these posts together but I think it's slowly starting to work! 
Like I said before, I loved this shoot and I'm so happy with how the images turned out. I will link everyone's websites/instagrams below. 


Instagram @sarahbrownphoto 


Instagram @meganshaw_styling


Pumpkin Studios | www.pumpkin-studios.co.uk

Instagram @pumpkinstudios 


Hope you enjoyed! 

xo 

Instagram | @lauragibbmua
Twitter | @lauragibb93

No comments:

Post a Comment